American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
AU EGL Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence & leadership development.
Related Edu. info:
NB: Only one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for Fall 2019. If Applicant is not selected as the 2019 AU EGL recipient and wish to continue the application process, they may be eligible for partial merit scholarships with an additional funds beyond the initial U.S.$4,000 provided.
Below are the scholarship requirements:
- Applicants should be U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- Applicants should be enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- Applicants should be a graduated secondary school earlier than 2017.
AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2019. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
- Students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2019.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2019.