Québec Merit Scholarship Program
Québec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Studentsis is on to support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s institutions of higher education, to promote abroad Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies and to attract the best foreign researchers and students.
The program represents an instrument for the MEES to support the Government of Québec’s scientific policy and it covers higher education as a whole by giving to the CCTT researchers and administrators the opportunity to participate. In a more effective way, the attribution of scholarships for foreign students aims at creating cultural links and allowing the setting up of possible common scientific research projects.
- Must meet all eligibility conditions at the closing date of the competition (a different closing date has to be confirmed for the students preselected by CSC).
- Must have been preselected by a university or Synchronex (a CCTT).
- For the Québec-China scholarship, must be preselected by the CSC.
- Cannot have already received a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from MEES, FRQNT or theFonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC).
- Cannot be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Cannot have applied for permanent resident status under Canadian immigration law.
Québec Scholarship Program Coverage.
The Merit Scholarship Programs for Foreign Students has three components:
- Doctoral research scholarships (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1IS, 1M, 1W): $25,000 a year. The duration of the scholarship is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months (monthly allowance of $1,000).
- Postdoctoral scholarships (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M): $35,000 for one year (cannot be renewed).
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3IS, 3M, 3W): $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months.
How to Apply for Québec Scholarship Program.
- Submission of applications to FRQNT of the preselected candidates by responsible bodies (universities, Synchronex, SRE) : October 1st 2019, 4 pm
- Submission to FRQNT of the candidates preselected by CSC : March 31st 2020
- Submission of application to FRQNT by preselected candidates : November 1st 2019, 4 pm
Once pre-selected, the candidate must create his account in the FRQnet system. The FRQNT will then contact all pre-selected candidates to complete an electronic form to which the required documents will be attached. Applicants can consult the “Instructions for completing an application” document in the Toolbox.
- Only the 2020-2021 competition electronic forms and other required documents will be accepted. No documents other than those requested will be transmitted to the evaluation committee.
- E-forms are available only in the secure zone of the FRQnet system of the FRQNT. They must be completed and sent electronically.
- Files cannot be updated after the closing date for applications. It is suggested to keep a printed copy of your form for your records
- The form may be completed in French or English. Candidates who apply in English must provide a French title for their project.